wptemplates.org

7/11/2011

Smell My Memories

In a strange house, shortly after stepping inside the room, vaguely knowing the host, I discovered in a bottom cabinet. At some point in my life, it just happened that I opened a jar. You open it and, as an instinct, try to smell inside of it. You will then feel a smell of food. Which arrived - or better - stayed there from past times. No matter how well that jar had been washed in the beginning, once closed the glass will send out all of the flavor it was keeping for itself.
After stepping inside my freshly rented apartment, i started to check it out and opened some drawers and some cabinets. I took out a 400gr jar, with a red-orange cover. The tempting smell of baked red peppers came out, from across time. I mentally said hello to the grandma that cooked them and put them inside the jar. I was happy to smell the flavor of some food from the 90s, sitting on some plate near an audacious high school student, wearing a white ribbon in her hair, and a blue uniform.
The smell is the universal sense, the one that spills the jar of memories.

0 comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu